QuickBooks Budget Variance Report: Export & Automate in Google Sheets
Sections in this article
1. Install G-Accon for QuickBooks Google Sheets add-on if you don't have it installed.
2. Connect Google Sheets to your QuickBooks company (or multiple companies).
3. Select from the menu Add-ons -> G-Accon for QuickBooks -> Standard Accounting Reports -> Budget vs Actual.
How to create a template?
Select Budget vs Actual option from the drop down menu. G-Accon for QuickBooks provides the ability to set up the Date Range for your data manually or you can refresh your data dynamically. For better performance the Date Range should not exceed 365 days.
- Budget(Yearly, Budget 2021, Budget 2020, ect)
- Interval(Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly)
- Accounting Method( Accrual, Cash)
- Sort Previous Periods( Ascending, Descending)
- Account Types
Change Pull Settings allows you to perform the following operations:
- Create a new Google Sheet
- Display Report Title
- Display Only Account Codes
- Keep Original Formatting
- Only Data Rows
- Only Report Summaries
- Retrieve Headers
- Create a Data Table around pulled data
- Freeze Data Table Header
- Exclude from Auto Refresh
- Remove Empty Dividing Rows
- Create deep link to QuickBooks
You can also provide the start cell, for instance, A1.
And provide the name of the template in Template Name field, for instance, Template 1.
To execute the process, click on the
The Budget vs Actual will be populated on the Google Sheet.
How to schedule automatic data refresh?
To schedule the auto refresh, you can create a workflow thru the option Create Workflow and schedule auto refresh and notification processes. Automatic workflow allows users to create different workflows, include specific templates, set up the different schedules for different workflows, notify the customers, clients, and the team members using different automatic notifications within the same spreadsheet.
See the Create Workflow for further information.
How to modify your report and update your template?
You are in the middle of the refresh process and you realize you need to modify your report.
You need to select Add-ons -> G-Accon for QuickBooks ->
Update/Modify/Delete Templates for Current Sheet
Select the object, make the necessary changes to it and
Update the template or
Update and Execute the new query.
How to export & customize QuickBooks Profit and Loss Report
Consolidated Multi-Currency reports with live exchange rates in Google Sheets with G-Accon
QuickBooks Data Automation in Google Sheets
Install G-Accon for QuickBooks Free Trial from Google Workspace Marketplace:
No credit card required. Free 14-day trial.
© G-Accon. All rights reserved.